Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Entertaining Emma



It takes a lot of patience and close supervision to keep up with a toddling 1 year old.  I have found that I can't get much done around the house if our energizer bunny is on the move.  Today, I decided to try putting a bunch of toys in her room, so I could go through her clothes, and put away those that no longer fit.  All was going well, with Emma deciding to pull stuffed animals off the shelves in her room, and play a rousing game of "throw my shoes in the garbage can", instead of play with the toys I set out for her.  This was followed by some time playing (read eating) with the chalk that we have in her room for her chalkboard wall.  At this point, I remembered Emma has been signing the word "hat" a lot lately (not quite sure why...as she usually signs it at the dinner table), so I put on my clever mommy multitasking hat and decided to play "dress-up" with all her hats (and a sweater too.  No, it's not that cold in our house that she needs to wear 3 layers of clothes on purpose!).  I think the first fashion show/photo shoot was a success, as I did complete the clothes sorting process, and keep Emma entertained/out of trouble. 

No comments: